- A NEW LEVEL OF DRUMS: EZdrummer 2 takes drum production to a whole new level. It was designed to erase any technical barrier between you and your creativity and introduces several groundbreaking features for quick and easy songwriting. EZdrummer 2 is without a doubt the best sounding, most intuitive and creatively gratifying software environment for drum production on the market - a perfect marriage of sound, form and function.
- FROM IDEA TO SONG: Go from a rhythmical idea to full track! With EZdrummer 2 you can drag and drop drum sections to build your own drum lines directly in the program - or you can let EZdrummer do it for you! If you drop a groove in the Song Creator, it will list all of the files with a similar feel and style.
- TALK TO THE DRUMMER: For the first time ever in a drum software setting, you can now "communicate" directly with your digital drummer. Use the Power Hand to instantaneously change the leading instrument (such as the hi-hat to the ride, or the closed hi-hat to the open one), as well as the amount or velocity to control the complexity and rate in your selected groove - all in real time!
- HIGH QUALITY MIDI FILES: All the grooves in the EZdrummer 2 MIDI library were performed on e-drum kits by session drummers before being conveniently organized in song structure parts. The material covers a wide range of styles, tempos and feels. With the revolutionary functionality in EZdrummer 2, your songs will never go without a perfect, personalized touch.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Package includes download key for Toontrack EZdrummer 2 Software. Audio Unit, VST, AAX or RTAS host application and professional sound card recommended. Stand-alone version included. For system requirements, please visit our website.
T Dawn’s Studio Tips
I have to admit; I am a fan of Toontracks products. I own many of them, but one that I really love dearly is EZ Drummer 2. I first started out with EZ Drummer 1 and I instantly fell in love with it. I was able to use this software as a starting point for many of my songs that I have out there today. Then EZ Drummer 2 came out, it took me only a few seconds to decide if I wanted to get the upgrade. Basically, it was a no brainer for me. I love being able to hook up my midi drum kit and have access to many different drum sounds.
There are so many settings that you can change to make these drum kits sound the way you want them too. EZ Drummer came out with a new midi layout called song creation that did just that… it allows you to easily create songs with intros, verse, chorus and more. When I am not using an acoustic drum kit, this is my software of choice.
Here’s how send tracks to Ableton and record them individually.
- Setup EZ Drummer tracks like the example above. It’s important that you start off with 2, 3, 4, etc reserving 1 for the EZ Drummer plugin.
- Next create your track setup in Ableton, notice I have my Ez Drummer tracks grouped. EZ Drummer plugin is on the first track of the group. Pay attention to Audio From setting on each track. Set your tracks up like the example below. It’s important to map your Audio From to the corrsponind track in Ez Drummer. Example: EZ8/EZ8R = EZDrummer Kick, EZ28/EZ8R = EZDrummer Snare. Do this for the rest until you have mapped the whole kit.
- Next create your track setup in Ableton, notice I have my EZDrummer tracks grouped. EZ Drummer plugin is on the first track of the group. Pay attention to “Audio From” settings on each track. Set your tracks up like the example below. It’s important to map your “Audio From” to the corresponding track in EzDrummer. Example: EZ8/EZ8R = EZDrummer Kick, EZ28/EZ8R = EZDrummer Snare. Do this for the rest until you have mapped the whole kit.